- The National Eligibility cum EntranceTest or NEET-UG is an entrance examinationin India, for students who wish to study any graduate medical course (MBBS/ dental course (BDS) or postgraduate course (MD / MS) in government or private medical colleges in India.NEET-UG (Undergraduate), is for MBBS and BDS courses.
- National Eligibility and Entrance Test or NEET is the one examination which would be considered for filling about 54,000 medical seats across the country.
- As per the Supreme Court’s order, NEET 2016 and now NEET 2017 would be the only examination to be undertaken to fill the All India Quota Seats as well as the State Level Quota seats across the country.
- This examination is also valid for applying to private colleges across the country.
ELIGIBILITY FOR NEET:-
- The candidate must have completed 17 years of age as or on December 31, 2017
- The candidate must have passed class 12th examination with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate, and must have passed in the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually.
- In respect of the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC categories, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology taken together in HSC examination is 40% marks.
- The candidate applying for NEET must be an Indian citizen.
- The upper age limit for candidates seeking admission through NEET is 25 years as or on December 31, 2017. Further, for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Categories there is a relaxation of 5 years.
EXAM PATTERN OF NEET :-
The exam pattern will comprises of type of question, number of question, marking scheme, etc. The detailed NEET exam pattern is mentioned below:
- Exam Mode:The examination will be conducted through offline mode (pen and paper based).
- Number of Question:It will contain only one question paper which comprises of 180 questions.
- Type of Question:Questions will be objective type. Each question will contain four optional answers; students are required to mark the correct answer only.
- Exam Duration:The exam duration will be three hours.
- Subjects:The question papers will be composed of four sections i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology.
- Question Paper Language:The language of the question will be English, Hindi, Tamil, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi and Telugu.
|Section||No. of Question|
Looking for best Coaching Institute for NEET in pune & Pimpri-Chinchward | ASQUARE is one the best coaching institute in PUNE for the preparation of IIT-JEE (Main+Advanced), JEE Main, Pre-Medical, AIPMT | NEET-UG | AIIMS, Pre Foundation Class VIII, IX, X, NTSE & Olympiads.
ASQURE TRULY BELIEVE IN NOURISHING STUDENTS POTENTIAL